ARTIST + LEADING AUTHOR-ILLUSTRATOR + DESIGNER + ACTIVIST
Featured on Today, CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC News, and other major media outlets, Ruby Roth is an artist, designer, activist, and the #1 author-illustrator of the world’s leading vegan books for children. Complementing two degrees in Art and American Studies, Roth has researched health and wellness, spiritual psychology, and the connection between personal experience and public impact for over a decade.
Roth was teaching art at an elementary school when her students' fascination with her eating habits inspired her to write That’s Why We Don’t Eat Animals in 2009—the first book of its kind in children's literature. Today, her series of books have been translated into multiple languages and are distributed worldwide. The themes in both her children’s books and personal artwork reflect her interests and experience.
From her Draw Or Die studio, Ruby runs a 360° creative house, combining top-level art training with strategic thinking to create innovative, impactful projects. She has offered illustration, art direction, graphic design, and website design to clients in fashion, art, music, entertainment, beauty, food, lifestyle, sports, and health industries. Her work has encompassed the production of original art, prints, and published books, as well as identity and branding, book design and layout, product illustration, fashion illustration, hand-lettering, lookbooks, decks, EPKs, posters, invitations, e-newsletters, catalogs, social media content, photo enhancement and manipulation, color-correction, and retouching. Platforms and applications have included print, digital, websites, microsites, television, film, events, animation, and apparel. Roth is a Board Member of Ruckus Roots.
PRESS + MEDIA
What you didn't know about animal protein. Ruby takes KTLA Channel 5's anchors to school!
Ruby discusses animal testing, zoos, circuses, and teaching children to love deeply, think critically, and act responsibly.
The segment that sparked a digital riot and international debate over the suitability of veganism for kids.
"If it's too scary to talk about..." Ruby gets the last word on NBC LA.
Watch Ruby debate the former Editor in Chief of Psychology Today, live on FOX NEWS.
Ruby addresses the medical community's opposition to veganism, live with Colleen Williams.
INTERVIEWS + articles
•NBC Nonstop News with Colleen Williams
•NBC LA evening news
•CNN NEWSROOM part one and two
•MSNBC TODAY SHOW
•The Project, Australia
•Daily Mail UK
•CNN with Kat Kinsman
•The Globe and Mail
•Miami New Times
• The Art Side of Life Video Podcast
• The Sexy Vegan
• Main Street Vegan with Victoria Moran
• Not Your Milk Podcast
• Beet x Beet Podcast | Teaching kids where food comes from
• Dr. David Madow Show | Ruby inspired this doc to go veg
• Vegan Warrior Princesses Attack! Podcast | 3 girls + hilarious conversation
• GeekDad I and II
• Juice Guru Radio | Next Generation + Plant-Based Diets
•Salt Lake Tribune, part I and II
•Mercy for Animals Magazine
•Girlie Girl Army
• Lean Green Dad Podcast
• North Atlantic Books
• BITCH Magazine
• Redbook Magazine
• Honest Company
• Oh Joy!
• C Magazine // Perfect Pairing: Ruby Roth + Moby
• Delicious Living
• The Zoe Report | 7 Must-Read Books To Transform Your Health
• The Big V with John Salley + Guest Ruby Roth
• SF Girl by Bay
• PopSugar | How to get your kids to eat vegetables
• Publisher's Weekly
• Vegetarian Times
• Our Hen House (Ruby's favorite review ever!)
• Our Hen House Podcast
• The Thinking Vegan
• The Unplug Podcast (ep. # 40)
• The Dr. Dave Maddow Show - Slice Your Age
• Main Street Vegan Radio with Victoria Moran
• Health Conspiracy Radio | Spirituality, anger, honesty, the concept of childhood
• The Dr. Don Show
• All Things Vegan Radio
• Doc Heather's Live Natural Live Well Radio
• Responsible Eating & Living Radio with Caryn Hartglass
• Vegan India
• Pure Imagination Radio
• AR Zone Podcast II III
• Erin Red Radio
• The Real Vegan Housewife
•Girlie Girl Army
• Jason Mraz
• John Robbins, best-selling author
• Bill McKibben, NYT best-selling author, founder of 350.org
• Tony Kanal, No Doubt
• Ed Begley Jr.
• Dr. Jenn Mann, PhD, host of VH1 Couples Therapy
• Joy Cho, Oh Joy! blog, #1 followed Pinterest user
• Kris Carr, NYT best-selling author
• Lisa Bloom, civil rights attorney, NYT best-selling author of Think
• Julie Morris, NYT best-selling author
• Rory Freedman, NYT bestselling author
• Ingrid Newkirk, founder, PETA
• Honest Company
SELECT CLIENTS + PROJECTS
Combining top-level art training with strategic thinking, Ruby offers creative and art direction, graphic design, website design, and illustration to clients in fashion, art, music, entertainment, beauty, food, lifestyle, sports, and health industries. Her work has encompassed identity and branding, book design and layout, product illustration, fashion illustration, hand-lettering, lookbooks, decks, EPKs, posters, invitations, e-newsletters, catalogs, social media content, photo enhancement and manipulation, color-correction, and retouching. Platforms and applications have included print, digital, websites, microsites, television, film, events, animation, and apparel.
• Oxygen TV
• Film Roman
• Justin BUA
• Amour Vert
• Dylan Kendall Home Goods
• Lisa Bonét + Jason Momoa
• United Talent Agency
• VegNews Magazine
• “Rude” Jude Angelini
•North Atlantic Books
• Laika Magazine
KEYNOTES + PRESENTATIONs + PANELS
FOX said “stay away” from her books. Glamour called her “an explosion of controversy.” Acclaimed artist and author-illustrator Ruby Roth brings her signature candid style to festivals and organizations worldwide. A celebrated thought-leader, she weaves together a wide but interconnected range of themes for her audiences—art, politics, environmentalism, health, and wellness. Want to book Ruby at your event? Drop her a note.
• Remedy Beach Retreat, South Carolina
• VegMichigan VegFest, Michigan
• Animal Activist Forum, Australia
• Vegetarian Food Festival, Arizona
• World Fest, Los Angeles
• Northwest AR, Washington
• Animal Rights Conference, Los Angeles
• Green Festival, San Francisco
• Green Festival, Los Angeles
• Cleveland Vegan Society VegFest, Ohio
• Animal Acres, California
Plus elementary & high school visits.